Bugs item #484776, was opened at 2001-11-23 00:30
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=484776&group_id=22866

Category: JBossCMP
Group: v2.4 (stable)

Initial Comment:
Windows NT4 SP5
JDK 1.3
JBoss2.4.1a-Tomcat3.2.3

If a connection die in the pool and is later given out
to participate in a transaction, it (obviously) give
an exception. I think this is incorrect behaviour for
the pool to assume the connection to be still valid
after the transaction the connection was used in did
not succeed. I configured my datasource with
InvalidateOnError=true, but it does not seem to work.
The dead connection stay in the pool.

If my connections tend to die over time, I will end up
with a pool of dead connections with no automated way
of getting rid of them. IdleTimeout will not work,
because the connection will not be idle as it is given
out all the time (and cause exceptions).