Dain Sundstrom wrote:

 > There are like five hundred rules on that page. What is it specifically
 > flagging as a bad practice?  I am actually interested.

I had a look at the page too (try searching for the word "final" :-).
But it doesn't really seem say more than the obvious "Helps compiler
optimization and more clearly documents the use of classes" ... So it
can be helpful for people reading the code to know that it has no
subclases, but it's not really a big deal.

Together also has some QA rules relating to the use of final. One is
that *all* instantiated classes should be final. The others just seem to
relate to constant attributes which seems fair enough.

Luke.

--
  Luke Taylor.                                  Monkey Machine Ltd.
  PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C                        http://www.mkeym.com