I definitely prefer the SAR kind of way to deploy services, even that i understand the
maintenance problem. Would it be possible to have a 'global' service.xml file to be
updated with new properties when a SAR is deployed with initial properties fetched
from SAR xml. Then this 'global' service.xml file can be maintained easily during
runtime (maybe changes in it can in some way be copied to the SAR xml also?). And then
if a SAR is removed then it disappears from the 'global' service.xml file or put in an
undeployed state. Hmmm, this sounds like the old jboss-auto.xml file... with all its
problems... :-/

In our app we have an mbean acting as a Service Loader that is watching a directory
where we dynamically can deploy/undeploy mbeans packed in jar files using m-let
running. We can even extend our clients user interface with new dialogs linked to
these new services without having to restart the client. Really cool :) More on that
later...

/Lennart