Always forget to 'Reply to All'

------ Forwarded Message
From: Hunter Hillegas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 16:45:22 -0800
To: John Woo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] Re: Re: What the Point?

See below...

> From: John Woo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 16:30:44 -0800 (PST)
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [JBoss-dev] Re: Re: What the Point?
>
>> JBoss 3.0 includes a servlet container, Jetty
>
> This one really puzzle me. You abandon Tomcat/Catalina
> for Jetty. Jetty implement Servlet 2.2, not 2.3. Jetty
> can not even run Struts. None of the security stuff
> work with Jetty, or at least if it do it not
> documented how. Why is Jetty priority over Catalina? I
> think maybe 10 people in the world use Jetty.
> Tomcat/Catalina used by thousands.

The version of Jetty included in Jboss 3 is Jetty4, which does support
Servlet spec 2.3. The guys on the Jetty list are very responsive so if there
is a specific problem, it could be brought up there.

>> Use 2.4
>
> 2.4 is not supported. No one answer any question about
> 2.4 on user forums. It dead product with bug that
> never be fixed.

That's just plain wrong. If you watch this list at all, you will see all the
commits Scott makes against the 2.4 branch.

I assume you have filed this "bug" on sourceforge?

Hunter

------ End of Forwarded Message