Can somebody look at server/src/.../ejb/plugins/lock/BeanLockSupport.java and QueuedPessimisticEJBLock.java for me?  I added an application deadlock detection algorithm and need another set of eyeballs to make sure that I didn't do anything too drastic.  Don't worry, the code is very simple.

Here are my concerns:

- could I detect phantom deadlocks?
- A static HashMap is used to store tx's that are waiting on other tx's.  I synchronize on this object whenver I do a deadlock detection.  This may be a performance hit because every thread that needs to detect for deadlock(it is waiting on a tx) will need to synch on it.  I thought it may be ok since the algorithm should be pretty quick.

All and all this detection algorithm should greatly help out with debugging and improve throughput of applications that have application deadlock(they won't wait for a tx timeout, instead, the rollback will happen immediately).  I really need your concerns, comments and questions.

Thanks,

Bill