Jung , Dr. Christoph wrote:

> Experimenting with an unauthenticatedPrincipal "nobody" in the
> loginmodule instead of a NONE-role also did not work, because Jetty then
> refuses

Hi,

I'm not an expert on this web stuff (or anything for that matter :), but
I take it the "NONE" role means  "don't let anyone access this". Is that
correct? Is this a jetty specific thing 'cos I wasn't aware of its
existence? I've only seen "NONE" used as an option for the
"transport-guarantee" tag.

If you want to let authenticated users with any role (as understood by
the axis webapp) access the service (and perform access control later),
then maybe you could try

    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>*</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>

which *should* do this...

Or am I way off the mark?

I would say that I haven't been able to get some security stuff working
with JBoss/Jetty that has worked fine with Tomcat. I understand the
security in Jetty is a relatively recent addition and there've been one
or two hiccups, so it could be a problem with Jetty.

Can you deploy the same stuff in another container, or is it tied to
JBoss 3?

Luke.

--
  Luke Taylor.                                  Monkey Machine Ltd.
  PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C                        http://www.mkeym.com