Virtual host support has been in Jetty from the day dot.
It is simply that there is no J2ee standard deployment mechanism for
them in JBoss.

You are correct that the web-jetty.xml file can be used to setup a
virtual host for a webapplication.  Something like:

<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Mort Bay Consulting//DTD Configure 1.1//EN"
"http://jetty.mortbay.org/configure_1_1.dtd";>
<Configure class="org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext">

<Call name="registerHost"><Arg>YourVirtualHostName</Arg></Call>

</Configure>

--
Greg Wilkins<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          GB  Phone: +44-(0)7092063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.    Mbl Phone: +61-(0)4 17786631