Not needing an isModified was the conclusion we reached
in the discussion with Marc in Sydney as well. It was nice
for JAWS to improve performance, but a complete hack, because
if you return false and do modify your bean you potentially
lose your updates and you are messing with the EJB spec.

Putting it in the set/get in CMP2.0 you get both performance,
spec compliance and prevent programmers to shot themself in
the foot - nice.

Robert.

visit http://www.solution6.com
visit http://www.eccountancy.com - everything for accountants.

UK Customers - http://www.solution6.co.uk

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to
Solution 6. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy
the message or attachments.  In such a case, please notify the sender by return email
immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments.  Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate
to the official business of Solution 6 are neither given nor endorsed by it.