On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 09:42:21PM -0600, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Thanks Scott.  I thought I tried that one...
>
> Now do you know an easy way to convert java.lang.object[] or whatever to
> the signature style [Ljava.lang.Object; (other then string
> manipulation)?  Otherwise, I'll write a conversion function.

Hi,

There are some utils to do this included with apache's BCEL, I've submitted
a patch to replace the org.jboss.proxy.compiler.* (#519626) which uses them
a bit.

If you do implement a conversion function you should note that Class.getName()
is inconsistent in behaviour (and IMHO doesn't behave as documented) wrt
primitive types. There is a bug on bug parade (#4369208) which raises the
inconsistency javadoc <-> implementation.

The 'problem' is that e.g. Class.getName(Character.TYPE) returns char rather
than C

--
regards

Neale Swinnerton