Hi there,

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: marc fleury [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Samstag, 23. Februar 2002 20:14
An: David Jencks; Jason Dillon
Cc: Jung Christoph; jboss-dev
Betreff: RE: [JBoss-dev] JBoss/.Net plugin broken...

|I think that if any of this has ever worked it should be included in the
|main build and whatever tests exist added to the main testsuite.  Unless I
|get notified by broken tests, I don't know something exists, let alone
|whether I broke it.

>++1

>I don't know that it ever really worked, but we talked with Scott yesterday
>and this JBoss.net thing must go up there with CMP2.0, clustering and MBoss
>(JMX).  The truth is that we have one of the most complete solutions for
>.NET development (services talking with webservices) and we should really
>make some noise.  Scott said he wants to become Mr JBoss.NET full time as
>it is going to be one of our most important features.

>Bottom line: anything that makes JBoss.NET part of the main line and main
>tests is ++1.

That sounds very reasonable, if you don´t mind, I´d like to nevertheless
continue dedicating my very limited time to help you in that issue. Peter
Braswell also announced his interest to join the project which I´m quite
happy about.

Jboss.net and its testsuite work except of a pending commit of mine to the
MainDeployer and that little security problem that still exists with the
generic AxisServlet (needs some special authentication mode that is not
covered by the servlet spec as it seems, I´m in contact with the Jetty-guys
about this topic).

Axis.jar will be installed under lib/ext by the build script but we could,
of course, add it to the jboss-net.sar (but then you need to add it to the
client directory as well, that´s why I was reluctant).

I try to fix it in this week (the latest deployment changes to the mainline
regularly broke the AxisService, because it is an additional deployer).

>On the same line of thought, do you think integrating the deployers can
>enable us to put a java file with doclet stuff and get an EJB AND a
>webservice (by tying the ant to call he axis deployer)?  I plan on
>finishing the unification of invokers next week (with Invocation return and
>client int) so we could test the shared EJB thingy.  That's going to be
>sweet.

If there are no special XML-bindings involved, a simple, xml-based
deployment descriptor that installs an EJBProvider pivot in the Axis engine,
is enough. Peter, is that one topic interesting enough for you?

CGJ