I have been using Ant in my production setup to generate the exact
config (copy, touch, link, whatever) needed to run the given JBoss node.

You might want to think about copying building an isolated jboss home
for the tests (pulled from the build jboss home).  For example:

jboss-all/build/output/jboss-*/...
jboss-all/build/output/test0/...

Where there is some ant fluff which copies the proper bits from jboss-*
to test0 omitting certain config, adding special test config whatever.

This approache has worked really well for me.  I have setup 6 classes of
jboss node config and use that to start up the 30+ machines we run here,
each with a seperate directory space with config pulled from the class
type of that node, using filtering to add in node specific config.

--jason