Not that I have a preference here, but I wanted to add that just because
Sun comes up with a standard... doesn't mean that it is the best API
available for the job.  True it will probably get included into the
bloat of other code in the jdk and so it may make sence to use it just
because it will be there... but that doesn't really mean it is any good.

--jason