Bugs item #522617, was opened at 2002-02-25 12:15
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=522617&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
With the change to use the original component jar name
under the tmp/deploy directory we have regressed back
to the ZipFile cache bug. Because the same file name
is used for the initial deploy and subsequent deploys
the jar contents are cached by the ZipFile under
jdk1.3 and redeploy either fails with a
java.lang.InternalError jzentry == 0, or the contents
are not updated. I also see the same problem under
jdk1.4 where I thought this issue was supposed to be
fixed.

Its simple to produce the problem. Run the
org.jboss.test.hello.test.HelloTimingStressTestCase
one, change the print statements in the
org.jboss.test.hello.ejb.HelloBean class, rerun the
HelloTimingStressTestCase and the reploy fails.

Two solutions are:
1. Make the orig path name a directory under
tmp/deploy and place uniqued jars under the directory.
For example:
origJar: /test/lib/hello.jar
deployJar :
jboss.home/tmp/deploy/test/lib/hello.jar/00.hello.jar
redeployJar :
jboss.home/tmp/deploy/test/lib/hello.jar/01.hello.jar

The benefit of this approach is that one can
still assign security permissions on a per component
jar basis.

2. Only use the orig path upto the last directory.
For example:
origJar: /test/lib/hello.jar
deployJar : jboss.home/tmp/deploy/test/lib/00.hello.jar
redeployJar :
jboss.home/tmp/deploy/test/lib/01.hello.jar

This might be simpler but it limits the ability to set
security permissions to the container directory. This
is not that big a restriction as this is usually how
one does permissions.