On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Bill Burke wrote:

> Oh yes!  Now I remember.  IOR Profiles, and service contexts.  It's been
> awhile (2 years).

Service contexts, right! Not "IIOP contexts", as I said...
Now you are the one that remembers the official names.

> > So the JMX name must go within the object id. There is no other place.
> >

> Because there's nothing on the client side to stuff the JMX name into the
> context, right?

Right.

> Isn't Borland dead yet?  They're still selling their CORBA implementation?
> I thought Iona had cornered the market. The commercial market that is.

Yes, they are selling it. What I don't know is whether there is anybody
buying it or not...  :-)

Not kidding now: have no info on their market share today. Some time ago
they were licensing Visibroker to companies like Oracle and Netscape, which
embedded it in their products. Unlike Iona, which always managed to sell
Orbix to end users.

Best,

Francisco