Bugs item #538236, was opened at 2002-04-02 11:44
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=538236&group_id=22866

Category: JBossCMP
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
The standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml tries to use the
TIMESTAMP datatype for mapping java.util.Date to
an sql type for both Oracle7 and Oracle8
databases:

         <mapping>
            <java-type>java.util.Date</java-type>
            <jdbc-type>TIMESTAMP</jdbc-type>
            <sql-type>TIMESTAMP</sql-type>
         </mapping>

TIMESTAMP is not a valid Oracle7/8 datatype.
Unfortunately there does not seem to be any kind
of equivelent that we can use here. Oracle DATE
types only have a granularity of whole seconds.

I will investigate whether or not we can get away
with using a NUMBER type here.

Comment By: Peter Levart (plevart)