Bugs item #533686, was opened at 2002-03-23 04:26
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=533686&group_id=22866

Category: JBossCMP
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
This is not realy a bug, rather a workarround for a
peculiarity of the Oracle DB using thin JDBC driver.

When deploying Entity Beans on Oracle (using thin
driver - I haven't tried with the full blown native
version), the JDBCStartCommand.tableExists()
incorrectly returns false when the table already
exists and deployment later fails when JBoss is
trying to create the table.

The problem is that table names in Oracle DB seem to
be UPPER CASE ONLY. But the
java.sql.DatabaseMetadata.getTables() that is used in
JDBCStartCommand.tableExists() to check for the
existense of a particular table, uses a
tableNamePattern that performs a case-sensitive
search. So if you specify the table name as
"SomeBean" then the actual table created on the 1st
deployment would be "SOMEBEAN" and later deployments
will fail.

One workarround is to simply use UPPER CASE ONLY
names for tables when deploying on Oracle, the other
would be for JDBCStartCommand.tableExists() to check
for the existence of table with exact given name and
for a table with an UPPER CASE NAME.

I'm including the later as a patch attached to the
bug report...

Comment By: Stephen Coy (scoy)