On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, David Jencks wrote:

> Look into the modelmbean descriptors.  I think they include a "priority" as
> a standard descriptor, this could be used to determine whether to display
> something.

"visibility" to determine the granularity of mbeans (spec defines levels
1-4)

"presentationString" is what the adaptor should look for to
get presentation information.... an XML string describing the mbean view
layout. Look for W3C XForms (work in progress web forms)  or
just roll your own (quicker). The key is for the components to be able to
specify how to present and modify non-primitive types that are part of the
management interface, e.g if java.net.URL is in the interface how it
should be presented in the management tool (string, validate its a real
URL, etc).

-- Juha