I have a suggestion on a related subject...
 From my current point of view (as a user of jboss 3) I would actually
prefer a clear description of whatall goes into the deploy directory and
why, and let me be the judge what gets deployed.  This would mean
creating the simplest deploy directory that has at least the ability to
deploy a simple (no war) ear file that contains EJBs.
In a separate directory, put all the crap that *can* be put into the
deploy directory  (and these need to be clearly described since the
names may refer to things the user doesn't know about (yet)).  The
motivation for this is that as a deployer of JBoss, I want to make sure
I only include the stuff that is actually used/required to deploy my
user's applications.
So, in other words, instead of making an example deploy directories from
which a user might not know what to delete, provide the minimal config
plus a clear description on what can be deployed.

This might also be a nice way to include both Jetty and Catalina in the
binary distribution.  Let the user pick what they want.

Am I making any sense to anyone?

Jason Dillon wrote:

> I would prefer to keep any additional configurations that ship with
> the release to a minimum.  I think that three configs: "default",
> "advanced" and "example" will cover what we need and won't add much
> extra confusion.  I expect that clustering would go into the
> "advanced" configuration.
>
> --jason
>

> Peter Fagerlund wrote:
>
>> on 11-04-2 01.21, Jason Dillon at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> Do you mean a demo or example configuration for the server?  I think
>>> that a demo module under jboss-all is not appropriate, but a demo or
>>> example configuration under server/ is certainly do able.  There was
>>> talk awhile ago about how to best organize this. I have not implemented
>>> anything since there was not a final decision.
>>>
>>> I suggest we add a "advanced" and "example" config directory under
>>> server, probably copying "default" for a base.
>>>

>> exactly ++ also maybe a folder for cluster and the like called
>> extended ?
>> ... The deployer would need to be aware and ant triggable ...Yes - We
>> talked
>> about it some while ago and the concencus was - cool ;-) if that is not
>> final . then . Ahhh ...
>>
>> /peter_f
>>
>>> --jason

Andrew Scherpbier, CTO ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
BlackBall Music (http://www.blackballmusic.com/)