> There's an example in spec (EJB2.0 - 20.3.2) with
> the
> following relative <ejb-link>
>
> <ejb-link>../products/product.jar#ProductEJB</ejb-link
>

> Does your patch still deploy product.jar?
>
> Regards,
> Adrian

That's a new one on me.  No, my patch would not allow this to deploy.  (Nor would it
allow your application.xml to specify an ejb-jar, web-app, or client jar in any nested
directory).  It is a simple thing to change back (actually, I just delete 4 lines of
code), and the rest of the submission continues to work correctly.

However Vesco Claudio and David Jenks provided a much better solution... Allow each
deployer to pick and choose what sub-deployments are needed.  This allows you to have
a valid ejb-jar (for example) within your ear, but if it is not mentioned in your
application.xml, then it will not be deployed.

This doesn't sound too difficult... I will give it a try and let you know.

-Larry