Really... that is odd.  Are you testing on your latest CVS?

I have been using the version in JBoss CVS HEAD using the SiteMesh filter
(http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/) and I could only get it to apply the
decorator to http://localhost:8080/index.jsp it would show the raw content
page for http://localhost:8080

I tested this over and over... though it is possible that I am insane after
all this mudling... but another user on jboss dev confirmed the odd behavior.

I am moving forward with my work on the site, using index.jsp to send a
redirect to default.jsp which seems to work.  If you still can not reproduce,
perhaps it is fixed in the latest... otherwise once the new site is setup
using these filters you can use that to test (copying default.jsp to
index.jsp).

Or I could mail you a test war... yes perhaps that is best.

I tried enabling debug with the jboss.web:Jetty=Debug MBean but it did not
produce any useful output:

[SocketListener-4/0]javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:257)

Perhaps it still does not work?  I don't know.

--jason