Bugs item #529880, was opened at 2002-03-14 14:49
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=529880&group_id=22866

Category: CatalinaBundle
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
Form based authentication does not appear to work in
embedded Tomcat, but does with Jetty.

OS: Win NT
JVM: 1.3.01
JBoss: 3.0 Beta distros from SF (Jetty and Tomcat).

I have a web app that uses FORM based authentication.
jboss-web.xml and auth.conf are set up to use
UserRolesLoginModule.

In both Jetty and Tomcat builds, when I deploy the app
in Jetty and attempt to access a protected resource, I
get my login form. When I log in to the Jetty instance
with the correct user/password, I get the requested
(protected) page. When I do the same with Tomcat, I
get a 403/access denied error page (NOT my form-error-
page).

Both Jetty and Tomcat instances have the same
auth.conf, user.properties, and roles.properties files.

I also tested this with standalone Tomcat 4.0.2 (which
uses a tomcat-user file that has the same
user/password/roles as JBoss/Tomcat|Jetty. This
configuration works.

Mike

Comment By: Maurice Schoenmakers (maurice_s)