Ok this is really more of Bill Burke's stuff.  I was talking to him on
Friday on IM.

Another idea coming from the world of CORBA is that of dynamic clients and
server side servants.

It seems both ideas are linked and quite simple to implement.

Take my previous were we specify a stack of client side interceptors for EJB
behavior.  Imagine that instead of the EJB Remote we put
1- the StandardMBean interface, or any typed interface you specify to us
2- the INVOKE() at the CLIENT LEVEL (something I will cover in the class
next week)

then we can essentially say that you can construct your abstract invocation
like we do in JBoss EJB client side interceptors, you can set you MBean
target, you can set what object in cache you are talking to, you can
dynamically create an invocation (which is what we do at the proxy level
today) and voils dynamic clients with full invoke power.  Another thing that
would be interesting is exposing a rich MBeanInfo object that can describe
for the client the full stack of interceptors (client and server) so that a
tool can look at the MBeanInfo and understand that he is working with an
assembly that essentially throws in clientcache, tx, security and server
side persistence.  Just advanced descriptors.  Then the way the MBeanInfo is
generated is that we ask the mbean and every interceptor to append it's own
MBeanInfo. You describe the full flow this way assembled at run-time.

It is sort of the dynamic discovery of the personality of the pipe you are
talking to.  I think that it will make the view of the super-server even
more tangible for tools.

In terms of implementation it means some work to represent in a transparent
way the MBeanName and the Method, both structure are hashed equivalents
today that speed up the communication but also are dependent on intermediary
interceptor to work.  If we are going to expose this to the client we need
to be careful.  Actually the method is ok as it is a translator but the
String MBeanName needs to be done explicitely (so you can pass the name from
the client).

marcf

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Marc Fleury, Ph.D