>From: "Andreas Schaefer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Hiram Chirino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] JMX RMI Adapter & JNDI binding
>Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:26:36 -0700
>
>Hi Hiram
>
> > I think that you can just default it to jmx:rmi and give allow the
>location
> > of the bind to be configurable.
> >
> > So when you have 2 jmx servers using the same JNDI service, then that
> > problem is solved by having second jmx server can bind to something like
> > server2/jmx:rmi
>
>But how to you know which JVM you need ? Let us assume that it would
>be possible to run more than one JBoss instances on the same box. Now
>you want to deploy on a particular server. How you know which JVM/Server
>you have to talk to ?
>
>Andy

If the 2 JBoss instances are using different JNDI servers then the you pick
the server by setting up the InitialContext correctly.

If the 2 JBoss instances are using the same JNDI server, then you pick the
correct server by looking up the correct JNDI key "jmx:rmi" vs.
"server2/jmx:rmi"

Regards,
Hiram