Hallo!

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 05:51:05PM +0200, Anders Engstrom wrote:
> At what line in MarshalledObject does this exception occur? Check the
> line number and have a look at the source-code (distributed with the JDK
> as "src.zip") to find out what's wrong :)

The JVM does not give the line number where the exception occurs.
According to the JVM the exception occurs in the first line of the
catch-block. But this is not true. I found the correct line with
println()s. Here is the code snippet (part of Sacha's
HTTPSession-clustering):

   protected void unserializeSession() throws EJBException
   {
      try
      {
         MarshalledObject mo = (MarshalledObject)this.getSerializedSession ();
         if (mo != null)
NPE ->     this.tmpSession = (SerializableHttpSession)(mo.get ());
      }
      catch (Exception e)
      {
         throw new EJBException (e.toString ());
      }
   }

Sacha has no idea what is going on, too.

CU
Thomas
AIM-Nickname     : tpeuss
Homepage         : http://www.peuss.de/