I looked at the jmsra code a bit.  You should be able to hold onto the
session over method calls (new feature w/ new jca impl) but not anything
you get from the session, such as the sender.  The session may be
associated with different physical connections on each (SFSB) call, and the
sender will be tied to the physical connection it was originally created
from.

david jencks