Bugs item #559628, was opened at 2002-05-23 08:43
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=559628&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v2.4 (stable)

Initial Comment:
Using bean managed persistence, and container
managed transactions, if the ejbStore method of an
entity bean fails by throwing an EJBException, a
javax.transaction.RollbackException is thrown instead
of a javax.transaction.TransactionRolledBackException.

This is a problem because the client will not be able to
get a nested exception to find the original problem.  For
example, in our case, our EJBException wraps an
exception describing which unique constraint was
violated.   The user needs that nested exception to
modify his/her entry on the screen to successfully
update the object.

Weblogic throws its own exception in this case which
extends RollbackException and has methods to obtain
the nested exception.   They also should be throwing
TransactionRolledBackException for portability, but at
least their solution is useable in the current form.

I'm using jboss 2.4.4
windows 2000
ejb 2.0 dtd

commit option A for the entity.