You could also you JMS with XA - send messages out containing whatever
you need to track. This will be sent iff the transaction commits. You
can then write an MDB (or any other listener) to take the messages and
do whatever you want with them. You actually could (maybe) make the
offline clients registered listeners on the topic(s) - that way when
they connect they should get all of the messages sent since their last
connect.

JMS experts, correct me if I'm out of line, here.

-danch