I think we might have to create our own interface which exposes the 1.4
stuff, so we can still compile on 1.3... even if those methods will be
no-ops.

Then you can use a proxy created from a factory that invokes onto a
version specific impl (throwing exceptions for the methods which are not
exposed for that version).

Or you can use a bridge object which handles creating the target version
specific impl and then proxy all relavent calls to the impl.

I think the proxy is easier, since it reduces each call to an
invoke()... then it simply has to invoke on the target, and if the
target throws MNFE, we throw some vm version mismatch error or
something.

I would have a look, but I am still trying to get SwiftMQ to work with
the JMS RA.  Seems like SwiftMQ does not accept TMJOIN, only TMRESUME
and TMNOFLAGS.

--jason