Bugs item #571721, was opened at 2002-06-20 10:13
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=571721&group_id=22866

Category: CatalinaBundle
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am seeing some inconsistent behavior that is proving
problematic for me between Jboss 2.4.6 with Tomcat
4.0.3 and Jboss 3.0.0 with Tomcat  4.0.3.
In particular, in our web tier we need to load additional
configuration files at startup time, that is, additional XML
files are read and  processed. The way we get the
location of the XML files is by using the
servletContext.getRealPath method.  In Jboss
2.4.6/Tomcat 4.0.3 this  works fine.  In Jboss
3.0.0/Tomcat 4.0.3 real path always returns null.

See attached .war file for example of behavior (run under
both JBOSS 2.4.6 and JBOSS 3.0.0 - note that
JBOSS3 returns NULL and JBOSS 2.4.6 does not)