|determine of the call is local or remote, and the Invocation is not
|always available.

part of the effort for JBoss 4.0 is exactly that.  Get rid of the silly
little typed interfaces in the system, typed interfaces in abstract
middleware systems are silly, type is good for business applications and
even then they like detyped invocation flows for flow engines.

anyway,

at least giving the "Invocation" a thread local association at the invoker
level (in set it out remove it) will help you fly under the typed radar.
Typing pipes is retarded and forces us to do silly little tricks like thread
local stuff.

That being said, "porting" everything to the JBoss ISV base is really making
use of that Invocation in ALL the plugins.

A plugin should really say "you know what I can really sit in the flow and
work on the native Invocation" instead of saying "be sure to send me just
that information.  There is no way, in an evolving to know that set of
information before hand.

|In an earlier email, I was trying to find a way to avoid multiple
|logging in a deep stack, but the spec does not allow for this.  When

fuck the spec

|ever a system exception is thrown from a local or remote interface the
|container is required to log the exception.  So we are stuck with
|multiple logging. Oh well.

marcf

|--