Bugs item #594875, was opened at 2002-08-14 13:23
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=594875&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
I've tried to use the ejb v2.0 home method feature with
jboss and I get NoSuchMethod exceptions when I
deploy.

I'm using Redhat 6.2 Linux and Hotspot 1.3

Here is the top of the stack trace from the deployment...

2002-08-13 19:56:24,393 ERROR
[org.jboss.ejb.EjbModule] Initialization failed
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:888)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.setupHomeMap
ping(StatelessSessionContainer.java:468)
        at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.create
(StatelessSessionContainer.java:165)
        at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke
(Container.java:789)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke
(MBeanServerImpl.java:491)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke
(ServiceController.java:894)
        at $Proxy6.create(Unknown Source)

My method name is ejbHomeGetNextId() and is
generated as a home interface method using the xdoclet
ejb:home-method tag.

I checked the source for StatelessSessionContainer and
it appears to look for getNextIdLocalHome instead of
ejbHomeGetNextId. From what I understand of the ejb
spec, this is incorrect. Or I am misunderstaning the
code.

I can work around this by using an instance method but
I would prefer to use a home method.

I will happily provide more info if necessary. Just ask.

Steve

Comment By: Stephen Coy (scoy)