Guys,

the admin of jive is just dead on us and the caches are just plain weird
(stuff that only appears 15 minutes after a post).  It is also too
complex for our needs and the stuff we really need (e.g. nntp
integration) we can't really get to work for some reason, probably
because we suck but at this point we need a zero-admin solution.

So....

Dain and I have started on a simple "Forums on JBoss" (Forums/JBoss)
project that we will add as a module to the cvs repository.  It will be
LGPL code that will display what we do with JBoss.  It has a couple of
entities and if we are lucky should not take too much time to get
together.  It will all be written in CMP2.0 just to showcase the power
of that framework.  CMP and caches is really what we do well, let's use
our own stuff.

Anyway, this is also a call for help as we will commit the first source
in the coming days and if you want to help you are welcome to write to
dain (dain at jboss dot org) and get the ball going with us.  One part
that will be interesting is the Lucene integration.  So step right up
and help us make the forums kick ass again.

marc f

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Marc Fleury, Ph.D.
President, Founder