Ok

just had an interesting IM with hiram.  He essentially has implemented
the proxy factory we were talking about.  I think he is missing the
client/server side of it but we can very simply add these.

Essentially it would revolve around a central
proxyFactory.createProxy(Interfaces[], client-interceptors[],
client-configurations[], server-interceptors[], serverconfigurations[]
targetMbean);

that returns a Dynamic Proxy, hooked up for remote/local calls with
client and server side interceptors.  If you are in one vm you can
safely assume client=server and only configure one or the other.
(meaning if one is null then don't configure transport it will be invm
only)

In the case of hiram he has only one aspect of it (and he calls it
aspect everywhere) but that construct is really what we need.  I also
think we should have the "MBean" in there, even though we are talking
about a POJO.

I believe he has solid code for it and I am really interested in adding
this to the base.  I am not sure it is a JMX level construct (due to the
pojo nature) but having the JMX base manage these configurations and
associations between target and interceptors/configuration is the only
sane way I can imagine to have these puppies manageable.  I want
visibility on that configuration for a given mbean (the generalized
mbean againg being just a pojo or target).  This is our generalized
proxy factory.

The AOP framework of the future is staring us in the eye... we got it.

marc f

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Marc Fleury, Ph.D.
President, Founder