I pasted the code for jboss-web.xml into a new file with that name, and it
automagically worked...

 - Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:jboss-development-admin@;lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Matt
Munz
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 8:28 PM
To: JBoss Developers Group
Subject: [JBoss-dev] securing the jmx console in JBoss 4.x

Hi all,

  P. 53 of the JBoss Admin manual refers to
~/jmx-console.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml.  I am, however, unable to find this
file in the head version.  Following all of the other instructions results
in a basic authentication dialog that allows any username/password
combination.  Should I attempt to re-create this file, or is there a new way
for securing the console?

  - Matt