> > Perhaps..  I've not double checked the pool code.  The first time an
> > invocation comes though shure, but the second time, the pooled
> > thread should
> > get reused.
> >

> Please make sure.  It didn't read that way when I looked at it last.

I'll double check.

> > Yep.. But this is good, if servicing requests has a delay in
> it..  You can
> > sqeeze more requests into one socket.  I need to make the
> > connections pooled
> > also so that a single socket does not get over-used.
> >

> Yeah, maybe good for your design, but not good for performance.  BTW, with
> the PooledInvoker vs. RMI tests, I'm pretty sure that RMI caches the
> connection.  If I re-use the the same RMI proxy then Pooled is only 30%
> faster.  Also, BTW, I borrowed your marshalling code at first and it was
> significantly slower than straight ObjectStreams. (Don't remember
> percentages.)

Ok..  I'll test the differences..  Where are your performances tests
located?  I might go back to the drawing board and Re-implement my taking
your PoolInovker as the base and adding the 1 feature I want
(client-callback).

> > The JMS server uses callbacks.  Thats how it drives asynchronous message
> > delivery.  A normal RMI callback object cannot allways be used since the
> > client may be behind a firewall.  I want to be able to
> > communicate with the
> > client over the same socket that he established with the server.  Make
> > sense??
> >

> Are the callbacks both for subscribers and Acks?  Or are acks
> delivered as a
> response.

The server delivers asynch messages via the clients back-channel.
The client then acks the message via his normal ivocation channel.

Regards,
Hiram