i found at:

http://www.oetrends.com/cgi-bin/page_display.cgi?62

one statement:

OET: Do you have any plans yet for a JBoss 4.0? If so, what are they?

Fleury: It's time for us to push the standard [for embedded devices].

What I mean by that is that we can take EJB, embed it in JMX and really
focus on the embedded world -- we call it EMBOSS. We focus on the
microkernel, and push the standards, going beyond what the standards do
today. We've been following the standards so far; now we can go beyond that.
And we have so much innovation going on, and such a clear vision of where
that application network infrastructure is going, that we can do it by
ourselves. We're already designing JBoss 4.0 with two lead developers.

like it :)
bax