Hi,
maybe have have missed something in the specs or just am igonrant, but I
know what I now will explained used to work:

Doing a findByXXX at the same time from different threads, where the
thread will compete about being the first one to create an entity, which
the other one should use if found used to work in 2.4, but does not work
in 3.0.

Pseudocode
try {
        findByMessageKey()
}catch(FinderException e) {
        creatBeanWithKey
}

Is this not possible to do according to the EJB spec or JBoss, or is it
possible that a bug is lurking. Basically what I am asking is this:

is there any mechanism to see to it that a finder that is invoked in a
transaction will not answer a new finder question untill the first
transaction has commited. To mee it seems to be the only way to be
guaranteed from dirty reads in findBy:s?

//Peter

Peter Antman    Chief Technology Officer, Development
Technology in Media, Box 34105 100 26 Stockholm
WWW: http://www.tim.se  WWW: http://www.backsource.org
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: +46-(0)8-506 381 11 Mobile: +46-(0)704 20 58 11