Bugs item #664635, was opened at 2003-01-08 15:33
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=664635&group_id=22866

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
OS: Linux 7.1
JDK: Occurs with Sun j2SDK 1.4.0 and IBM Java2 1.4

Occurs on JBoss v 3.0.0 & 3.0.4

The JVM process ends with the message "too many
open files".  It can be recreated simply by opening
and closing files for a long enough period of time .
Once a file handle is allocated it doesn't appear to
go away.  I've attached the console output as
requestd in the bug report instructions.

I have captured the output from the lsof command
showing system file handles at various stages of
my JBoss app operation.  This output indicates that
file handles don't go way even when the files are
closed or deleted.  I can send this lsof output to
whoever investigates this problem (the web form
only allows one file to be attached to the bug
report).

A number of developers have reported similar
problems in the forum.  For an example see

http://www.jboss.org/forums/thread.jsp?
forum=61&thread=24687