Bill Burke wrote:
Hi all!

Its time to gear up and embark on the journey that is JBoss 4.0.  Our
schedule is ambitious.  We want to get a release done by JavaOne(the next
JBossOne) in June 2003 so its gonna take a lot of hard work and focus from
us over the next 6 months.  That being said, I need some information from
those developers/contributors that have CVS read/write access.

1. What have you worked on in the past?
XA wrapper fixes and tests, mostly Oracle related.

2. What are you currently working on?
Some JBoss/Eclipse integration. Not sure if there is general interest in something like this, though.

3. What will you be working on and when?
4. What do you want to work on?
Everything is driven by needs of the application I am currently working on (and development process) and these are constantly changing.

5. What is your SourceForge name/id? (So I can cross you off list of who
contacted me).
igorfie

The requirements/feature set for 4.0 is available here.

http://www.jboss.org/developers/projects/jboss/projects.jsp

Please comment and suggest bugs/features/requirements you want added to this
list.

I really need this information from you. You RISK LOSING YOUR CVS access if
you don't respond! So please get back to me soon. Also, this information
will also be used to help the Compensation Committee determine if you are
eligible to receive incentive from the Compensation Program.

http://www.jboss.org/news/compensation.jsp

If you're wondering, my job as Chief Architect will be to make sure that
everybody is focused on the vision of JBoss 4.0. This vision will be based
on your collective vision as a group. I will also make sure that things are
getting done and moving forward. If you say you will do something and end
up not doing after a certain amount of time, I will recruit somebody else to
do it.

After I've collected this information from you, we(Marc, Scott, and I) will
be deciding upon the lead developers for each of JBoss's subprojects. Lead
Developers will have a list of responsibilites and perks that I will discuss
at a later time. I will also be setting up Task lists for each sub-project
on SourceForge so we can track how things are going.

Thanks for your cooperation!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Bill Burke
Chief Architect
JBoss Group, LLC
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Igor Fedorenko
Think smart. Think automated. Think Dynamics.
www.thinkdynamics.com