Hello,

I would like to implement my own custom MainDeployer. MyMainDeployer mbean will delagete calls to MainDeployer mbean.

The question is what methods do I need provide in MyMainDeployer to make a fully functional MainDeployer.

I thought it should be only the methods from Deployer interface (deploy, undeploy, isDeployed).

But after looking into URLDeploymentScanner source code I'm not sure about it.

First URLDeploymentScanner calls interface method "deploy" on Deployer
---
deployer = (Deployer)
MBeanProxy.create(Deployer.class, deployerName, server);
deployer.deploy(du.url);
---

And second URLDeploymentScanner calls method "checkIncompleteDeployments" which is implemented in MainDeployer mbean but not specifed in Deployer interface.

---
getServer().invoke(getDeployer(),
"checkIncompleteDeployments", args, sig);

---

So in my opinion URLDeploymentScanner depends on MainDeployer but it is possible in deployment descriptor specify another deployer (eg. DeploymentCache) and URLDeploymentScanner will not work.

What are your experiences? Does replacing MainDeployer with DeploymentCache work and if yes, how it is possible?

Thank you for any comments
David Klimek

--
http://www.sweb.cz/david.klimek