We need to talk about this...

If the client is standalone and using UserTx, then all the calls in one tx MUST go to the same jboss server, since the client "tm" doesn't handle 2pc distributed tx or much of anything-- just committing one branch. In other words, you probably shouldn't be using UT on the client with clustering at the moment. Is there some way to make this sticky? If the server fails, I guess an exception should be thrown on the client and the client should know enough to start the tx over??

If the client is a jboss instance, then this should be looking for the real jboss tm on that server. This is not yet implemented as I recall.

Comments?

thanks
david jencks