Yes, I thought about it too. There are two cases:
- the thread creating URL can't find custom handlers;
- Sun's handler was somehow initialized/used before (before setting the
property or somehow else?)

But I can't understand why my standalone test doesn't work. I set
property in the command line and my handlers are in the classpath.
I don't see any chance for Sun's handler to be used first.

Ok, I'll update JBoss-3.0 and see.

Thanks,
alex