I was thinking about something while looking at my application's database behaviour... in many cases it is very inefficient to use a finder method together with remove() for large collections. It would be so much more efficient to have something like

public int deleteByCode(int code);

<deleter>
<method-name>deleteByCode</method-name>
<method-params>
<method-param>int</method-param>
<method-params>
<delete-method>
<ejb-ql>delete from Transactions t where t.code = ?1</ejb-ql>
</delete-method>
</deleter>

This all of course integrated with the cache so that it invalidates objects that are already loaded, etc.

I'm just toying around with ideas here.

Stefan, wishes he had fulltime to work on things like this :-/