Bugs item #687809, was opened at 2003-02-17 09:35
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=687809&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello, I've discovered a memory leak in the Database
access part of JBoss. I have performed the following test.
1. Request a database connection from the initial
context.
2. Inserted, selected and deleted a record in a MSSQL
Server database via JDBC.
3. close the connection.
4 repeat endlessly.
After about 3 million repetitions an OutOfMemoryError
occurs.
I've started JBoss with a minimum and maximum heap
size of 20 MB. This means that JBoss had 5 MB op
heapspace free to perform the above test. I've measured
this by requesting the freeMemory on the VM.
I can exclude the MS SQLServer JDBC driver, because I
have tested it in a seperate java program that does the
exact same with the only difference that it doesn't use
connection pooling. No memory leak appeared then.
Another test I've performed is like the above, but I've only
requested a database connection once from the inital
context, no memory leak appeared. So I think it is in the
connection pooling part of JBoss.
Config props are:
JBoss 3.0.3
JDK: Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
(build 1.3.1_03-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_03-b03, mixed
mode)
Platfrom: Windows 2000.
JDBC Driver: MS SQL-Server JDBC driver