Bill Burke wrote:

I am not sure I understand your problem. In RFE you are saying
"cached prepared statements stay alive and cause this error".
What caches prepared statements? Did you explicitly enabled
statement caching on oracle connections?

I remember seeing this error message but it turned to be a
problem in one of my SSBs which did not explicitly close
java.sql.[Prepared]Statement. Well, strictly speaking it is a
known JBoss bug/limitation -- "Connection.close()" does not close
all opened [Prepared]Statement as it is supposed to -- but is has
a reasonable workaround.

Igor is correct.  You are probably not closing your statements and/or
ResultSets.  You can get what sql statements are being leaked from Oracle.
Backtrack in your code to find out where you are not closing your
statements.

You should also be able to work out where the problem is by checking with Oracle - there's a system table called v$open_cursors or something like that and it is sometimes possible to work out which SQL call is causing the problem from there and tidy up your closing code.

--
Luke Taylor. Monkey Machine Ltd.
PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk