> > I have to disagree.  Take a higher level look at
> the
> > basics: All client proxies have a dependency on
> their
> > corresponsing server side stub.  You can't mix a
>
> Yes, obviously, but the old tx client proxy just
> stuffed the tx context in

Orthoganal problem.  The ability to have smarter
client proxies that have highly coupled interations
with a serverside components is a requirment that
everybody will agree with.

> the invocation.  The problem with AOP is that (at
> least for 1st iteration)
> the POJO can be accessed directly and through a
> proxy at the same time.

This might sound a little crazy... but how about
allowing multiple server-side interceptor stacks per
object?  One for local access, one for stuff over IIOP
(that does tx the ots way), one for stuff over JRMP
etc.

> yes, I can work around this by having a flag in the
> Invocation object on
> whether or not the invocation passed through a
> proxy, but IMHO, this is a
> hack.

yes. I am starting to agree.

> > different proxys and stub types.  Therefore it is
> ok
> > for a client side interceptor to have a dependency
> on
> > the server side interceptor.
>
> > Can you describe your AOP problem in more detail.
> How
> > are you going to be remoting POJO with AOP??  With
> > proxy?  Who will create the proxy objet?
> >

> 1st iteration, DynamicProxy.  This is trivial since
> we have already done
> this sort of thing for EJB and how to do AOP (or how
> to do it wrong, depends
> how you look at it), is already there for us to see.
>  Remote AOP with DP is
> just an iteration to me from the current EJB stuff.
>
> 2nd iteration will be with all java classes.  The
> hard part will be how
> instrumentation works on the client side, how the
> client receives pointcuts
> and such.

In either case, I'm more intersted in WHO will be
responsible creaing proxy objects??  Will it be
automatic done when the object is serialized?  Or will
the application have to make an API call to get a
proxy??

Regards,
Hiram