Hello David,

> I tend to regard the functionality in client interceptors as really
> required to make anything  work.  I agree that chain/invoker
> is excessive.
> I think we need the same client side interceptor stack no
> matter what the
> transport.  For java clients, these interceptors will really
> live on the
> client.  For non java-clients, they will be somewhere inside
> the server
> side of the transport mechanism.

My guess is that for non-java client, we will (in almost all cases) not
decide what can be done on the client side. Consequently, it will most
probably be the role of the server side invoker to populate the Invocation
object with additional "well-known-attributes" that are directly extracted
from the "context" of this specific transport (and not by some
jbossish-client-interceptor as they won't exist in this case)