we have lately modified create entity commands and it should be fairly simple
to integrate that into head and 3.2 branch.

org/jboss/ejb/plugins/cmp/jdbc/JDBCAbstractVendorCreateCommand is an
abstarct class that provide support for that. So far we have 4
vendor implementations. With that one that would make a fitfh.

julien

Sn> Patches item #696918, was opened at 2003-03-03 23:17
Sn> You can respond by visiting:
Sn> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376687&aid=696918&group_id=22866

Sn> Category: JBossCMP
Sn> Group: None

Sn> Initial Comment:
Sn> Hi All

Sn> Because I need support to generate and use MS
Sn> SQLServer auto inceremented pks , I implemented a
Sn> plugin for JBoss 3.2 RC2.
Sn> The special thing about this kind of pks is that they
Sn> have to be fetched after the initial insert is done. (Using
Sn> SELECT @@IDENTITY)
Sn> The DB specific plugins which I have found in JBoss 3.2
Sn> RC2 support only MySQL generated keys and
Sn> sequence generated keys (like Oracle uses it). Even the
Sn> second one is configurable (pk-sql) it cannot be used for
Sn> MS-SQL because the pk is fetched before the insert is
Sn> made.

Sn> I would like to contribute this plugin to the JBoss
Sn> project. You will find the class attached to this posting.

Sn> It has already undergone successfull unit tests but i
Sn> would like to make some more tests before i call it
Sn> ready for use. This will be in a few days.

Sn> If you are interested please let me know. Feedback
Sn> about my implementation is of course welcome.

Sn> Martin

Best regards,
 julien                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]