That's just silly.  If the state is maintained globally within the class,
you would have to protect this state within a synchronized block and you
would have high high global contention and low performance.  Besides, the
proxy I generate should replace the real object and all access to the object
is done through the proxy instance.

Either:

1) POJO pojo = new POJO();
   pojo = (POJO)Versioned.makeVersioned(pojo);

or

2) Define a constructor-pointcut on the POJO class (I will implement this
today.)

> Remoting -->
>      has to be done through proxy, but abstract the user by the Inteceptor
> sending the proxy based on the communication layer.

Agreed.  A remote proxy must figure out at marshall time how it can
comunicate back to the server.

Bill