I'm sure they did do some testing...

A couple of little nitpicks (my opinions):

The layer pull down menus are inconsistent. Either all of the menu bar items
should have pull downs or none... It is weird to scroll across and sometimes
have the drop down layer pop up.

The 'Company' link goes back to the homepage.

As has been mentioned, it is too wide. Perhaps the designer only tested in
hi-res? Looking at the layout, the whole thing could be squashed together
horizontally. There is a lot of wasted space in that domain that could be
used...

Are the forums still using Jive? For some reason I thought new forums were
part of this deal.

And it does seem to be a tad slow to respond, but since this is the first
iteration, I expect it to improve steadily.

Anyway, a good starting point.